Piney Branch Elementary School, 7510 Maple Ave, Takoma Park, MD 20912; 7-9 PM.
Open pool sessions for paddlers to practice; participants are responsible for their own gear and safety. Instruction is NOT provided. $20 cash for pool entry, plus appropriate ACA insurance (details below).
Sign-in starts about 6:45, inside the pool. Enter through steel service doors on the west corner of the building.
Insurance requirements through ACA have changed considerably, so please read carefully:
· All persons getting in the pool must be an ACA member of some kind, and have completed an ACA waiver. CCA membership doesn't count.
· ACA full membership ($40) and on-line waiver covers you for the entire season, all 11 sessions, as well as any future events
· "Event" membership for ACA is $10 per individual session
· Paper ACA waivers are good only for an individual session
· Minors (under 18) need their own membership, either full ACA membership or event membership, and waiver with adult signature
At sign-in, please have available:
· ACA number. If you can't provide your ACA number, you'll have to sign in as an "event member" and pay $10 per session.
· ACA waiver confirmation e-mail. If you can't provide that, you'll have to fill out a paper waiver for each session, or the on-line waiver again.
· Parents dropping off teens- please come into the pool with them so we have all paperwork including your signature
· Teens driving themselves, make sure you have a parent's signature on a waiver.
ACA membership: https://americancanoe.org/join/individuals/
ACA member waiver: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/612e4bfd92e80/web/
ACA non-member waiver: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/612e51630b072/web/
Any changes or updates- such as unexpected cancellations due to weather or other problems- will be posted on Paddle Prattle as soon as they are known.